Thursday 19 February 2009

Music.






Wandering round iTunes, I found a singer called Brett Dennen, and his song 'All we have'. I think the base to a good song are the depth of the lyrics, and the meaning behind the voice; so by that standard, this song is absolutely amazing!

Here are just a few of the lines that gave me that good-music-vibe....if you know what I mean :)





"It's got us all in competition

For wealth and recognition

Globalization I say's a contradiction"




"So we can rise above the madness"




"There's enough wealth for everyone

But some have the most

And most have some"




"There's enough food for us all to flourish

Tell me why are so many malnourished

You say there's weakness in an empty pocket,

No and I'll tell you there's weakness in an empty heart"




"And if you give it,

I have learned it'll all be returned

If you only give love

If you only just give your love"







If you have time, have a listen to the song, and tell me what you think. I think it captures the strife of this world yet the spark of hope in every one of us for something better amazingly.



Where would we be without music? :)

2 comments:

  1. Without music, we'd be defined by politicians and philosophers trying to outdo each other.
    AKA nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he reminds me very much of Bob Dylan (Blowin' in the wind and others) the 60s and 70s - he now has a new album out which I feel is not as good as his original music - check it out

    ReplyDelete